Tuesday, March 18, 2008

How to make St. Patrick's Day fun

Those green pancakes from last year? They really weren't all that much fun. This was much better.

Step 1: Apply a fake shamrock tattoo to your face.
Step 2: Put on something green.
Step 3: Go grocery shopping. Pick up ingredients for St. Patrick's Day Treat at the store. Bask in the glory of all the comments about how cute you are.
Step 4: Come home and assemble St. Patrick's Day Treat.
Step 5: Eat St. Patrick's Day Treat.

Seriously, having a Holiday Treat has become a big thing in our house, and it doesn't so much matter what the Treat is, just as long as we call it a Treat. Yesterday, it was End-of-the-Rainbow Parfaits. Layer a rainbow of fruit in a tall glass, top with vanilla yogurt and a sprinkling of golden raisins (i.e. the gold at the end of the rainbow). I was even able to sneak some fruit into Mallory with this one! I tried giving Liam a very vague explanation of what St. Patrick's Day is about, and got into the shamrocks and leprechauns, but he didn't entirely get it, or so I thought. When I presented him with his finished parfait, he asked, "Where is the leprechaun that lives at the rainbow?" Maybe next year I'll give him more than just the Cliffs Notes version. :P

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want you as my mommy, so you'll make that parfait for me.

Seriously, they say the jump from two kids to three is NOTHING and I am potty trained already.

I even pick up after myself and do my own laundry.